The Ontario Provincial Police have launched an online citizen self reporting tool, which allows citizens to report minor occurrences such as theft, mischief to property, lost property and driving complaints without needing to visit a detachment.
USE THIS SYSTEM TO REPORT:
- Lost/missing property under $5,000
- Stolen license plates or validation stickers
- Theft from a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief to a vehicle under $5,000
- Mischief (damage to property other than a vehicle) under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Driving Complaints
DO NOT USE THIS SYSTEM:
- If the occurrence is an emergency
- If the occurrence happened outside of OPP jurisdiction
- If there are any identifiable suspects
- If anyone was injured
- If the occurrence involves a weapon
- If the occurrence involves any damage to a motor vehicle due to an actual or apparent collision, including fail to remain collisions
- If the occurrence involves a break and enter to a place (e.g. unlawful entry and theft from a house, a building or a structure)
- If the total value of the property or damage exceeds $5,000
- If the occurrence involves drugs or gambling
(including lottery tickets)
- If the occurrence involves a passport
- If the occurrence involves a lost or missing licence plate, validation sticker or disabled parking permit (no theft involved).
The cases above require contact with an OPP officer. Please call the OPP toll-free at 1-888-310-1122 or visit our nearest local detachment at 7 Bay Street in Parry Sound.