The following is an update regarding MPAC for the Crane Lake and local township areas.
MPAC: A few things we’re doing differently for the 2016 Assessment Update.
In 2016, MPAC will update the assessed values of more than five million properties in Ontario based on a legislated valuation date of January 1, 2016.
**We will beginning mailing notices to Residential Property Owners in the District of Parry Sound on July 11th, 2016. Business properties will be mailed in October 2016.
- A New Property Assessment Notice – Residential Notices will be mailed on July 11th for Parry Sound District with Business Notices mailed in October.
- MPAC is delivering Residential Property Assessment Notices up to five months earlier than previous updates. We incorporated feedback from property taxpayers and redesigned the Property Assessment Notice. It’s easier to read and includes a clear explanation of phase-in, the valuation process, and the Ontario property assessment system.
- Rolling 120-Day Request for Reconsideration Deadline – Residential Deadline is November 8, 2016 in Parry Sound District.
- Changes under Bill 144 means property owners have 120 days from the issue date of their Property Assessment Notice to file a Request for Reconsideration with MPAC. This will allow us to process a number of Request for Reconsiderations before the Assessment Rolls are returned to municipalities in 2016, bringing greater stability and predictability to the property assessment and taxation system.
- Advance Disclosure & Pre-Roll Consultations
Disclosure is about transparency and shared understanding. It's our commitment to share information with property owners and stakeholders and provide fair, consistent, and accurate property valuations through a no-surprise approach. MPAC has been holding consultation sessions with municipalities, property owners, and representatives to discuss how assessment methodology is being applied to large and special purpose business properties for the 2016 Update and we have developed a three-level disclosure protocol.
A Revamped aboutmyproperty.ca – this will be available after July 11th for Parry Sound District
With its simplified design and improved navigation and mapping function, AboutMyPropertyTM conveniently connects property owners with their assessment. Property owners can now get information about market trends, including information on property values and percent change in their area, without having to log in. Property specific details and reports can be viewed through a secure log in. Login information for property owners is available on your Property Assessment Notice.
If you have any questions please feel to contact Anne Haines or Rebecca Webb, Regional Manager at email@example.com. If your members have question we encourage them to visit AboutMyProperty.ca or contact MPAC at 1 -866-296-MPAC (6722) or 1-877-889-MPAC (6722) TTY which is provided on their Property Assessment Notice.